Friday, January 27, 2012

Miracles Happen Every Day

My mom just called me with some FABULOUS news! My dad, who found out he has an aggressive type of cancer (caught early, thankfully!) is now CANCER FREE! After having surgery in October, his doctor told him they were unable to get all of the cancer. They would need to check his levels in another couple of months to see if the cancer would spread or basically dissipate on its own.

I'm no doctor, but I've certainly never heard of an aggressive type of cancer that "dissipates on its own." But my family turned it all over to God, and my husband and I, along with the rest of my family prayed every single day that it would, somehow go away. And I guess they're right when they say miracles happen every day because my dad is living proof of it today!!!

I couldn't be more thankful and happy. My parents are leaving next week for their 30th anniversary celebration in Hawaii. Now they will also be able to celebrate my dad's clean bill of health. THANK YOU, JESUS!!

My Dad will still have to go every 6 months (for the next five years) to get his levels checked and make sure the cancer doesn't return. But, for now, we are in a state of sheer joy and utter relief!

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. - Psalm 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment