Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Croupie Monster

AUGHGHSS! Is that even a real exclamation? No. Do I care? NO. It's better than typing what I really feel like typing because after only one full day of croup (word on the street is there are anywhere from 2-6 more to follow), I am exhausted, cranky, weepy, frustrated and oh...did I mention CRANKY??!!

And that's just me. All of those things also currently describe my formerly sweet, good natured boy. I'm about ready to cry uncle.

Josh woke up again this morning (after coughing through the night) with a 102 degree fever. He was lethargic and just plain miserable. I rushed for the ibuprofen and the fever came right down, but he's still just moping around, crying over every little thing, and I'm trying to keep him from crying because that aggravates the coughing. So all my parenting is going out the window...before the TV was off limits...well now all he has to do is start crying and I'm like, "Oh you're right...it is cool to touch the buttons on the TV and erase Daddy's DVRed sporting events."

I feel like this croup is creating a monster. And it's ME.

I'm praying for patience and strength to get through each day, and above all healing for my little boy. I hate it so much when he's sick. I feel so helpless, even though I'm trying my best. I even called the doctor again this morning (still haven't heard back from them...I wonder why!) to make sure they didn't want to give him anything for the croup. I know they probably think I'm crazy but I don't care...I highly doubt anyone in their office was up half the night worried sick about the coughing heap in the next room.

So here's hoping this is, miraculously the last day of croup. Because after only two days, I'm about to unravel. And also, it would be tough to do three days in a row of Croup play on words for my blog post titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment