Friday, January 6, 2012

It's About to Get Pinteresting

I have posted before about my lack of wanting more "technology." Maybe technology isn't the right word - social media outlets is probably better.
I don't want a Twitter, I don't understand it. Now people are talking about something new...Pinterest. Or maybe it's not new to anyone else, but it's new to me.
Once I saw enough of my friends talking about it on Facebook (my social network of choice), I decided to check it out for myself. And IT. IS. SO. COOL.
You probably already know what it is, but it's an online pinboard where you can post pictures of things you'd like to do to your house, recipes, fashion, or just about anything you can think of. I've already been on it a ton in the last few days and, dare I say, this could be more addicting than Facebook!
Great, just what I need, something else that sucks my precious time away. But I truly do think this could be used for good. I've already gotten a lot of ideas for ways to organize my house, decorate, recipes I'd like to try, and clothes I want to buy (someday). It's so fun to see things your friends like and then find stuff you like from them! I have to say I didn't think I was going to be a believer, but I AM!
Plus, through Pinterest I found an awesome new blog that I am obsessed with! It's called "The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking" and can be found here:
The woman who writes it is a Christian mom of 5 (I believe), including twins and has to be, like...the craftiest mom EVER. Her house is adorable (and looks so CLEAN!) and she just really seems to have it all together. I already commented (and probably freaked her out!) by asking incredulously, "How the HECK do you do all that?" I only have one and I'm not half the homemaker she apparently is!
But there's always room to grow. I'm excited to get some projects started in my house in 2012 - i.e. organizing the linen closet, the coat closet...well, just about every closet! In general, just trying to make our home sweet home a little, well...homier. I've got the Pinspiration, now all I need is the perspiration!
You notice what I did there? Try not to fall off your chair laughing at how punny I am. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment