Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

WHOA! I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post...crazy how time flies! One of my resolutions is to be WAY better about keeping up with the blog - even if it's a short little post about our day. I think I often "over thought" things with my blogging before, assuming I had to have a "topic" or something interesting to write about in order for people to want to read it. But if I'm really blogging for the love of writing and to have a little diary of my family happenings, I guess it shouldn't matter too much if other people want to read about it or not!!

So here's the quick update for this first day of 2012 - I'm sick. BLECH a dreaded stomach bug, although I'm not throwing up. Because I hate that. Just about more than anything. Well, actually it's third after snakes and tornadoes. But I digress.

Hubby and I spent New Year's Eve in pajamas on the couch watching Seinfeld on DVD and drinking ginger ale from champagne glasses. We didn't even get a good smooch at midnight in because I was afraid to infect him...and he was just as afraid! After watching the ball drop and a peck on the cheek, we dubbed our NYE "the lamest ever" but smiled and laughed about how blessed we had been in 2011, thought it had it's rough patches.

In other news, I'm still not pregnant. I took it pretty hard in December, but I actually just took another test last night and still nothing. We were actually slightly relieved because I have been so sick for three days, hardly eating anything. I think we both would have been worried if I had been pregnant because I also had a fever and that can really complicate things during pregnancy, especially the first trimester.

So we're hoping and praying God will bless us with another precious child in 2012 and as my husband says with a smile (one of these days I will slap him), "I guess we'll just have to try harder!"

We're counting our blessings in our house, and looking forward to a bright new year full of God's gifts and provision. Happy New Year - let's hear it for new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment