Monday, January 23, 2012

Disney Dreamin'

Stopped into a church...I passed along the way....oooh I got down on my knees! And I began to praaaay!

I'm Disney Dreamin' on such a winter's day!

As I write this post, my sister, along with MANY others of my best friends are headed to Disney World for Young Life's All Staff Conference. This conference happens every 4 years and everyone who is paid staff for Young Life gathers in Orlando for conferences and a few days of fun in the sun! Seriously, I have considered working for Young Life for this sole reason. Note: there are certainly other reasons I would work for them; it's an organization I believe in very much. However, why would they pay for my labor when they can get it for free!? :)

Anyway, my husband and I are planning on taking a quick getaway just the two of us this summer, right when school gets out. The jury is still out on where we're going, but one of the places in the running is actually Disney World!! I'm a huge Disney fan (as if you couldn't tell), and my husband just smiles and quietly supports my obsession. As long as he doesn't have to pay for it. Which, thus far, he has not.

Four years ago, when I graduated from grad school, my parents took my husband and I, and my sister and her husband (fiancee at the time) to Disney World for four days. It was MAGICAL!! And it was all-expenses paid.

This time around, my parents have graciously offered to let us use their timeshare (through Disney, of course!) for our getaway. We are still on the lookout for other deals to places we have never been before, but I just don't think we can beat a free place to stay for four nights/five days. So I'm praying my hubby gets on board (or we find an insanely good deal somewhere else). But mostly, just praying my hubby gets on board!!

The pic at the top is from that most magical trip to Disney World - me, my dad, and my sister in front of Cinderella's Castle. Here's hoping we get back there this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment