Friday, October 19, 2012

The Final Countdown

Obviously I have been pre-occupied with all things baby lately...and rightly so...10 days from today is the C-section!  My husband just asked me last night:  "What are we doing this weekend?  Do we have anything going on?"  I told him no, we'll both be around and I'm not working at all...which was on purpose since I'm again...10 days away from having another baby.  To which he responded, "Good.  We have a lot we need to get done!"

Clearly.  Though I have been quite productive (I must say) in my nesting phase, there is still a lot that could save us some headaches if we got it done now as opposed to when I'm in the hospital or just getting home from the hospital.  Rumor has it recovery from a C-section is slightly more difficult than a vaginal delivery.  We shall see.  So far, all the baby clothes have been washed and put in their rightful drawers.  The house is on it's way to very clean.  I'd give it a 85% right now.  But between ultrasounds (to see if the boys has moved), regular doctors appointments and taking care of Josh, I am pooped beyond belief and there is still at least 1 more trip to Babies R Us that needs to happen before this boy gets here. 

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish this weekend:

Babies R Us run:

- pacifers
- Lansinoh
- Soothies (they saved me last time!)
- Tommy Tippee bottle nipples
- breast pads
- nipple shields (we'll see how breastfeeding goes without them, but I hear they can make all the difference in the world)
- pack n play sheets
- changing table cover
- breast milk storage bags

Things I need hubby to get out of storage:

- nursing cover
- infant bather chair
- baby car seat bases installed in both cars
- cradle (awww!)
- lamb swing (we called it the "silence of the lamb" with Joshua...is that bad?  inappropriate?  possibly.  Regardless, it was the truth!  He loved that thing!

To do:
- put away green activity table (to make room for lamb swing in living room)
- figure out where cradle will go in bedroom
- pack hospital bag for Matt & I
- finish cleaning house
- charge camera
- wash lamb swing cover
- mani/pedi with my friend :)

WHEW.  I'll let you know how it all goes.  But here's to a productive baby-preparation weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment