Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nesting, Nesting 1, 2, 3...

Well it's official - my C-section is scheduled for October 29.  Which isn't to say this boy still couldn't surprise us and turn around to a nice head-down position before then.  And it isn't to say he could surprise us all and come early...but so far all signs are pointing to October 29 as the date when this boy makes his arrival! 

And there's just something about seeing the phrase "C-section Day" on the calendar in less than four weeks that is making me want to purge my house of every unnecessary thing and clean like crazy.  And that's exactly what I've been doing.

Today, for instance, I de-cluttered the books on our huge bookshelf in the living room.  I now have an overflowing box PLUS some other books to be donated to the library this weekend.  I'm hoping while my husband's there dropping them off (what, it's not like I can LIFT the things at this stage of life!) he will also get a library card so he has a fun place to take Josh and get new books once Mommy is otherwise occupado with his baby brother.  Killing to birds with one stone...lovely!

Yesterday, I cleaned like crazy until my back was KILLING ME and I was sweating...unfortunately it didn't take long (about an hour) for both of these to occur simultaneously.  My mind wants to go, go, go, but my body just isn't being as cooperative as I would like it to be.  Still, I have to hand it to my body...by all indications it is growing a very healthy baby boy at the moment...I feel I can't ask for much more than that from it being 4 weeks away from delivery.

I also got all the newborn clothes out and washed and put away (HOLY COW are they small!) and I am just praying every day to be ready when this little one arrives.  Well, as ready as I'll ever be!  Until then, I'm doing as much as I can every day to make this house a home sweet home for my (soon to be) three boys and me!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Year of Less. Congrats on the baby boy almost here... and on all your cleaning and preparation! We have our second child--a boy!--coming in January and I've been working a bit on getting ready for him. I LOVE all those newborn boy clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca! And congrats to you as well! So exciting! Yes those teeny tiny clothes get me every time! Best of luck to you!! :)

      Delete