Friday, October 5, 2012

My Next 30 Years

Tomorrow I turn 30 years old...the big 3-0!  And while I may at present be quite the opposite of "thirty, flirty, and thriving," I have no qualms whatsoever about leaving my 20's behind and entering a new era of my life.

Many people have asked me recently "How do you feel about turning 30?"  and "Are you OK with it?"  I find it funny because I guess it never occurred to me not to be OK with it.  First of all, getting another year older is something that's going to happen whether I like it or not.  I can spend a lot of wasted mental energy "fighting" to stay young or pretending I'm not turning 30, but at the end of the day...I am.  And I think with all the craziness out there in the world today and all the bad things that could happen but don't...I'm feeling pretty blessed to be here.

Another reason I'm super OK with turning 30?  My life is beyond awesome.  Everything I wanted my life to look like at 30...it does.  I have a beautiful marriage with a husband who is my best friend and who I love more every day.  I have an amazing son who fills each of my days with joy and wonder.  I have another son who will be here in about 3 weeks...and the miracle of that experience and what he will be like keeps me up at night and giddy with excitement.  I have a family who loves and supports me.  I have a Master's degree, my own business, and a house.  I have friends who bless my life in ways I could never thank them enough for.  And although money is sometimes tight, God has always provided for every single one of our needs.  Yes, life is good.

In my next 30 years, I know there will be good times and bad times.  I don't know exactly what the future holds.  But I do know one thing:  The first three decades of my life have been so amazingly blessed that I welcome the future with open arms.



 Thank you, God for the gift of life, the gift of love, and all the precious gifts You give me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment