Friday, July 20, 2012

A Banner for the Boys

We used to have a really cool cream colored castle-thingy hanging on the wall in my son's room just above his changing table.  I loved it - it was so unique and cool-looking.  It was actually from my room when I was in high school and it worked well in Josh's room too.  Until, that is, I was changing his diaper one day and it fell on us.  Well, it fell on me.  THANK GOODNESS!  It just came off the wall - and it was SO HEAVY.  Fell right smack on my back.  Thankfully Josh didn't get anything more than a good scare.  But then we knew it was time for that old castle to go bye-bye.

That was about 6 months ago.  Since then, there has been nothing but a big emptiness on that wall.  I have long debated about what to put there, but couldn't come up with anything.  And with another boy on the way, it has to be something lightweight that couldn't hurt anyone in case there was another, um, mishap.

Enter the pennant banner.  I got the idea from this blog I have been loving lately and it was SO simple and easy to make!  And cheap!  I used scrapbook paper that I already had (which happened to match the existing decor perfectly) and made this cute little banner to add some color and life to the wall.




Ta-da!  Seriously, it's just scrapbook paper attached to ribbon with double-sided tape.  And I love it!  And I know someone else who does too!


Josh kept staring at it and saying "Hanging on the wall! Hanging on the wall!"  He also assured me his baby brother will like it as much as he does.

So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.  Because seriously, I am the least crafty person I know.  And I did something that I actually like and actually turned out how I wanted it to!!


No comments:

Post a Comment